Started on the door latches

I took the most-worn door latch mechanism and cleaned off all the dirt and grease with Easy-Off oven cleaner  (great stuff!)  The mechanism is in pretty good shape, except for one metal pin that slides in a slot.  The pin and slot badly worn, letting the whole sliding part of the latch flop around and get out of position.  I’ll fix it by using my welder to add more metal to the worn portion of the slot and grinding and filing it back to the correct shape.  I’ll also make a replacement for the pin with my mini-lathe.

I also put a coat of varnish on one of the 7 wooden ribs that will go across the roof.  The other 6 will need some fitting before they are ready for that.