Still no real work

I’ve been driving the car at least once a week, but I haven’t made any progress on the restoration. The next step is to fix the fenders, which is a big job, and has to wait until I am done painting my Spitfire. I did notice that some of the bolts holding the front fenders and headlight bar had vibrated loose, since I had installed them “temporarily”, without the lockwashers.
Last weekend I drove about 30 miles each way to a antique auto swap meet. I bought some goodies: a spare carb, a nice headlight trim ring, and some glass headlight lenses. I installed the new carb (a ten-minute job), fiddled with a bit, and the car ran fine with it. I put the original carb back on, and I’ll keep the new one as a spare.