The splash shields are back in their place

I installed the splash shields on the car, which involved undoing all the body bolts and jacking up the body about a half inch, so the shields could fit between the body and the frame. Before I can bolt the body down again, I’ll need to temporarily install the front fenders to make sure the splash shields properly mate up to them. I also installed the rear bumper cross brace that I just painted.

Glorious victory on the splash shields!

During the last three or so weeks, I managed to get the splash shields all done.  First I sprayed a coat of polyester filler on the splash shields and then spend a lot of time sanding most of it off.  Once the filler work was done, I sprayed on a coat of acrylic urethane filler-surfacer, and wet-sanded it smooth.  Finally I sprayed on a sealer coat and the black finish coat. Now the splash shields are ready to install! It took just about the entire summer, though.  While I was painting the splash shields, I also did the rear bumper cross brace, which I had gotten ready to paint last fall.