Messing with the rear bumpers

I finished one little project that I started several months ago. The front and rear bumper bars have a lot of peeling chrome and rust, and re-plating them will be expensive. So I had decided to try a “temporary” hack: I took the rear bumper bars, bead-blasted them, sprayed on several coats of rattle-can primer, wet sanded them, and sprayed them with “chrome in a can” paint. It took more time than I expected, but the cost was about 20x cheaper than actual chrome plating. I bolted them onto the car, along with some repro bumper clamps. It looks nice from a distance, but wouldn’t fool anyone close up.