Doors almost completely painted!

The two doors I am working on needed one final coat of primer-surfacer. Once I took care of that, I was able to wet-sand them. That took a while, because of all the moldings, nooks and crannies, etc. Now that the doors were ready to paint, I did some improvements to the plastic painting tent in my garage. I added a back wall and a ventilation fan with a filter. Then a couple of days ago I sprayed the doors with a coat of epoxy primer to serve as a sealer. The following day I painted the edges with a maroon semi-gloss paint mix. Today, after the edges had dried, I masked them off and sprayed the outer surfaces with gloss maroon paint. Tomorrow, when that is dry, I will do more masking and spray the moldings and window frame with gloss black paint.

Once these doors are done, I will repeat the exact same process with the two passenger-side doors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *