Got that Seat Frame Finished

I put the seat cushion frame together, and did some final work on it with the router, rounding the edges, etc. It looks fabulous. I also got a reproduction seat base spring. It is well-made, but it is a bit lower and shallower than the original, and I am not 100% sure if it will work well and if the seat upholstery will fit properly over it. But the only practical alternative is to have a reproduction spring custom-made, which would surely be expensive.

I ordered the upholstery kit in green mohair, just like the original (and frightfully expensive). It should arrive in 3 weeks or so, and then I will see how everything goes together.

While I am waiting for the upholstery, I might start trying to repair the cracks in the steering wheel with epoxy putty. But with the Christmas season upon us, I won’t be spending a lot of time on the car…