Summer's over…

It’s been really cold for the last week or so. High temperatures in the 50s. I think the 2009 painting season is over.

I started block-sanding a rear door, and like the front door I did a few days earlier, it will need additional primer-surfacer and more sanding. But that will probably not happen until next spring.  To give myself something to do, I took the coil I bought at Hershey, bead-blasted it, and painted it satin black with a can of Krylon. Mounted on the firewall, it looks much prettier than the generic modern coil that I had been using.

Hopefully over the winter I will be able to get the seats upholstered. To get started on this process, I dragged the front seat down from the attic, removed some tack strips and tattered remains of upholstery, and gave it a quick cleaning with the power washer. Before it can be upholstered, I will need to fix up an old botched repair where a weld had once broken, sandblast it, and paint it. I’ll also have to order an interior kit, which is rather expensive and takes several weeks to produce. So I doubt any actual upholstering will get done before the end of the year.