I did some more dent-fixing on the front doors, and welded back in place a small bracket inside the driver’s door that the outside handle screws into. I also continued touching up some of the filler in various places of the body. It has been threatening rain almost every day, and it simply hasn’t been hot and dry enough for me to wash off the front doors and have them dry reasonably quickly. My ambition is still to get the entire body and doors in a coat of PPG K36 primer by the end of the month.
I also fixed up the gasoline shutoff valve by lapping the moving part into the body with very fine abrasive powder and toothpaste. Now it opens and closes very smoothly and shows no signs of leakage.