Bolting on more stuff

I installed a few more bits, like the last of the rear trim and badges.  The portion of the car behind the passenger compartment is essentially finished.  I want to install the side window seals, but I’ve gotten two different sets from different vendors, and none of them were right.  I may end up putting the old ones back.  (They are only about 8 years old, and in fairly good shape.)



I managed to bust the windshield.

I was not happy with how well I had fitted it into the frame. The new gasket was not seating nicely against the glass all the way around. So I decided to remove it and re-install it. When I originally removed the windshield I simply cut away the rotted old gasket, but this time I wanted to save and re-use the new gasket. So I tried pressing the windshield forward and hoping the gasket would pop free of the opening in the frame. I had it almost there, and I suddenly heard a “pop”, and the glass had cracks all over it. So now I need a another windshield, either new or used. It’s not a total tragedy- the old glass had a lot of pits, and a small bulls-eye right in front of the driver.

More stuff bolted on

I installed the rear quarter lights, most of the trim pieces around the rear valence, and the rear bumper. It took a bit of fiddling to get the bumper to line up, since it was being attached to the rear body panel that I had replaced.  I also bead-blasted and spray-painted the little metal fuel expansion tank that goes inside the trunk.
I was all set to replace the rubber seals that run along the tops of the doors, against the window class, but the replacements turned out to be the wrong size. I’ll have to call the vendor tomorrow and see what the deal is.