There are or course tons of parts. It took a while to remove all the CNC-cut plywood pieces, and to figure out where to put everything.
There was (and still is) a big pile of random plywood scraps to get rid of.
I drove down to Annapolis to pick up my kit and a few other items. Fortunately my Skerry’s boat trailer carried the kit just fine, so I did not have to rent a van or trailer.
Because of Coronavirus, I couldn’t visit CLC’s showroom or check out their Pocketship, which was sitting under a tarp on its trailer in the parking lot. So I was at CLC for only 20 minutes or so. I also did some shopping at Fawcett Boat Supplies and West Marine, a couple of miles down the road.
It tool a while to unpack everything when I got home.
We sewed up a mainsail and jib from Sailrite kits. We had previously made the sail for our Skerry, and it’s not nearly as hard as you might think, provided you have a good sewing machine.
I’ll need a couple of hundred pounds of lead for the ballast. In the past, it was possible to get used tire weights from tire shops, but tire weights aren’t made of lead anymore. So I visited a scrap metal yard in Trenton and asked. They gladly sold me all they had, which was about 150 pounds – enough to get started.