It’s been freezing cold recently. I did manage to get the other window seal installed. I also got the front valence assemblies down from the attic and removed the turn signal lamps and some grille trim from them. A few of the screws were too rusted to unscrew, so I had to drill them out. The valences each have a spot where there was some rust-thru. They will be a bit tricky to repair, since they have a two-layer construction with a gap between the two pieces of sheet metal, and the low spot rusted out from the inside, It is a funny place to rust out, since it was not exposed to much splay or road spray, but the inside surfaces of the metal apparently never got any paint or rust protection at the factory.
Archive for January, 2013
Lots of other things to do, with the holidays, travel, and various end-of-year obligations.
I decided to use one of the two pairs of side window seals that I had bought. I have to carefully trim the ends, since they were made about 1/2″ too long. I got one installed so far (they are a pain to install), and it looks OK. I also installed a new rear-view mirror on the driver’s door. Unlike the old one, it is the same style as the original dealer-installed mirrors, and it doesn’t wobble around.
The replacement door interior panels arrived, and they look good. As soon as the other window seal is installed, I can put the panels on.
After that, I really need to deal with the broken windshield.