Continuing reassembly

I had to buff out some of the paint on the rear fenders and rear deck.  I had painted the hood a day after the body, and I had not completely covered the body to protect it from overspray.  So all the horizontal surfaces on the rear of the body got a very light mist of overspray, which dried as hard as a rock.  I thought it would buff out in an instant, but it actually took quite a while.

I painted the inside of the trunk, where I had replaced rear valence panel.  I just used a brush and some enamel paint I had bought years ago when I had repaired some damage to the trunk.  Then I re-installed the taillights and the muffler.  I also cleaned off and re-installed the front headlight assemblies, using new rubber gaskets.

Comments are closed.